SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Research, Day One(Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

Research, Day One(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Journal, Day One:
Landed on Fandor Four yesterday afternoon near the marshes.
Discovered a tiny parasitic leech that dwells underneath leaves. Consumed by an assortment of alien species. Once reaching the abdominal area, many female leeches have a 'egg sac' that distributes two- to three hundred yellow-y colored eggs, encased in a sphere of ammonia-like fluid. This fluid then is chemically activated by the random assortment of gasses in the gastrointestinal tract and disperses into the bloodstream. The fluid contains a highly contagious plague-like disease which increases the amount of red blood cells near the surface of the skin. The blood cells then attack each other and cause massive hemorrhaging. No known cure.

Iris put down her pencil and frowned at her notebook. Odd. She'd seen many complex life cycles like this, but never one so direly affecting to the host. She placed a finger to her lips. It was, indeed, very strange... She placed her eye to the microscope next to her on the table, examining for the tenth time in the last few moments the fluid she'd pain-painstakingly harvested from the leech's eggs just this morning. Gray and black lines, indicating disease, squirmed in the microscope's focus. Along with a few brown-gray spots, which was more than likely fecal matter... She sighed and took a step away. The muscles in her back groaned in protest from the sudden stretching of them. Having been hunkered down over her research all night made them taut and sore. She needed something to drink...

She just barely remembered to turn and clasp the lid on her petri dish so the liquid couldn't escape. Many diseases away from her home planet, as she'd found, could develop a sentient consciousness. Almost like a living form of insanity. It would choose a victim and manipulate their brain's cells so that it turned them into a vegetable... Ai shuddered and turned to walk into the small kitchenette attached to her hotel's bedroom. She washed her hands and poured a sour-smelling green liquid into a mug, taking a long drink. That was better. Now she should lounge about for a bit. Relax.... But her mind was jerked back to her notes. It bothered her that she couldn't figure out a cure... Then she froze. Maybe... She pulled on the blue-plaid coat hanging next to the door and hurried out. "Let's go on a leech hunt, shall we?" she murmured, locking the door behind her.

OOC: I know this failed but it was at one in the morning. DX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:42 am

A carnoid was on the loose, it had just achieved sentience. This was the very planet that had noticed the only carnoid in the first place, infact. But suprisingly, all they could go on was the word of a half-crazed citizen that went crazy as he barely managed to survive a carnoid attack in the first place.

Having achieved sentience... now blade knew there was great dangers involved with being discovered officially. Once they knew more about the carnoids, it would be highly likely that they would try to kill them, or at least keep them from ever feeding again, without a huge measure of control and discipline. That would be unthinkable, knowing their abilities, and they would never tolerate that.

Blade watched Iris intently as she exited the building. Knowing better than to do any rash actions, he merely stalked her, trying to stay hidden. But that would prove extremely difficult and dangerous at the very minimum, let alone feeding of her in the first place. But feeding was not very important or necessarry - yet. What he wanted to do was to simply examine this new form of feeding, learning its actions and behaviors. So there blade was, having named himself thus, examining Iris, just as she was examining diseases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Alex was walking through the forest,and was looking for some parasites to make some new drug.He stumbled along only to pass many buildings, and marshlands filled with workers.He had some info about evo-knights attacking one of the fandor's planets.Also he needed time to move his legs, and out of his office underground.He soon spotted someone looking for something in the ground."Hey girl what are you doing in the mud"He said with a smile as he stood right over her.He soon picked up a smell of a beast, but didn't show that he noticed it at all.He waited to see what the beast would do as he kept his cyber blade on hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Blade was suspicious of the new arrival. Something in him told that he was not to be trusted one iota. Being a carnesaur, they had no idea of the potentials of this creature. But blade knew that one person had seen his species in the first place. Consequentially, alex smelled suspicion and attricion in the carnesaur, although blade was clearly not a threat - yet.

This gave blade a thought. He needed a little more concealment. He only had camouflouge. He needed to mask his scent. It would be an easy measure to maximize that potential, thus making beings like hounds and Alex unable to track him easily. But the problem was.... they were hot on his trail, and once he moved... they would spot him. Even prolongued times would expose him, infact. But there was nothing for it. They would only see him as an animal, and a weak one. They couldn't have known its potentials yet - so he thought.

He needed that concealment, so it made sense. It wasn't like he couldnt just shrug it off, and leave in the first place. Thus, he moved just out of the scent of Alex, and began feeding off of a few animals there, mainly small creatures, but healthy ones, then he returned to investigate them again.

Blades scent is much weaker now! Camouflouge increases slightly!
Difficulty of seeing blade: Slight difficulty, unless he hastily moves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:51 pm

OOC:I'm Omit her I guess

The scent he smiled got weaker as he looked around at the last area where it came from.He smiled as he grabed his pistol, and started to fire at the tree where he throught it was.He kept his sword ready for the animal to attack him as he listened to the surrounding area."I know your there animal come out, and face me like a animal"He said in a angry tone towards the unknown threat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 pm

It had missed. The stealth had worked like a charm, but blade couldnt keep this game up for long. He needed to become stronger if he expected to survive. Infact, he needed a sizable number of creatures to even be considered average, let alone strong.

"You are smart, young one. But I know better than to attack one with a weapon as strong as yours. Besides... I am NOT an animal." Blade said. "We are not enemies - yet. And I am so weak anyhow. Bring me or help me to feed off of 100 creatures, then I will gladly teach you a lesson about my kin, and even become your slave for a generous amount of time. Is it a deal? Just dont tell anyone about me or my species or else you are dead from my other kin. We are protective of our own."

Blade was still hiding away in that matter. Lurking menacingly, he did a mental smile of the situation. He could easily just sneak away thanks to his better stealth in that matter. But at least he wouldnt be caught as long as he didnt move - likely. To be on the safe side, however, he was more than ready to draw his spear and throw it at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:56 am

He smiled that the thing talked to him, and now he knew where the monsters position is thanks to his hearing.He ran towards the sound at a quick speed as he jumped into a tree around the unknown animal."Well at least you can talk and that means your stupid to talk when your trying to hide"He said as he pointed a gun at it."I need to get something from this trip and if you eat any of the creatures around here I won't have my dinner"He started to shoot at the animal as he kept his sword on hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Kor.... of COURSE he would be so stupid as to blab out when hiding. But then again, it was clear his IQ was dismally low. Barely repositioning himself, it seemed rather hopeless. However, there was always the option to simply vanish in the first place. He had done it in the past, and he would do it in the future, no doubt. Even when he was normally feeding, there was times when his stealth had helped him in that matter.

But he couldnt afford to die. If he did, it would probably be that another sentient carnoid wouldnt happen for eons... especially as he had only gained it thru a freak accident. He was too important to the carnoids due to his capabilities, thus. Soo... the only option was to play that 'reasoning' game with him in the first place.

"I can wait forever if I choose to. But your right, you need food." He said, then slinked away just before the gun impacted him, but still present in the area. In the process, he ate a few beetles to get a slightly better level of stealth as well.

New Camouflouge: Its now considered max potency for intermediate camouflouge. Perfect blending into a simular environment. He doesn't move... you cannot really see him.

Blade barely had the intelligence to devise a plan. Now that all had been said, blade would play a waiting game. He could wait a whole lot longer than him, and it showed. Blade knew that once he would fall asleep... he would fall easy prey to him - perhaps. It seemed by far too perfect, infact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm

The monster went away and hide again as he put his gun back into it's pouch.He noticed that it was a new creature, and soon pulled out a phone.He still had his gaurd up as he called some of his soldiers."Yeah I need you guys here we have a new type of animal here"He then closed his phone and took out something from his pouch.

He grabed his heat vision goggles as he put them on he found the creature easily.He then jumped from tree to tree as he finally reached the source of the heat and jump as he tryed to cut the beast with his sword."I don't like hide and seek"He said as the blade came into the arm of the beast, and he jumped back ready for another cut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

dodging away was extremely difficult, but just doable. But it was clear he was doomed. Blade pleaded with him, fully aware he didnt have a prayer of a chance in the first place, even in the beginning... "Please... I surrender. If I knew how you were for having things YOUR way... I would never have stayed in the first place." he dreaded saying... but he had no choice due to how weak he was presently.

Dim chance he would see him as anything but a freak... and a monster, but he would not be insulted by anyone, especially a weak, pathetic kid. "But if you dare to treat me like an animal... There is NO way I would ever capitulate with you in any way. I dont care. Kill me if you like, but I doubt you will discover anything about us then, and only make this hateful situation even worse."

DNA complexity: 10/10

However, luck was with him. His own father was right behind the young person, and was FURIOUS at how this --human-- was treating his child. He may have not been sentient... but he was more than aware of how abusive this would become in the first place. Suddenly... a puff of sleep gas came from his father's mouth. It would take an hour for him to wake up. Blade put him in a cage, taken from some devices the carnesaurs had secured in another base. Abe would find himself in the cage, no doubt furious at being captured in the first place.

Further, blade would be examining the equipments this person had in the first place, having secured all of them from him.

--- continues at Carnesaur Lair ---
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 pm

OOC: what a bad move

He felt sleepy but soon his body lose control of his other side.He transfrom as his human self slept, and his Lycan came out.The cage broke easily and he speeded off at the father.His claws came out and his whole body increased in size as fur came out of his body.His lycan self roar loudy as it grabed the other animal by the head.He threw it at a tree then cut into his body, as blood came out as he roar at the beasts suffering.He kept his gaurd up as he feed on the beast as the other watched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm

OOC: It was PLANNED that a sentient being would be captured. Looks like it will be you.

The father... had 200 kills on him, and was only 3 years older than his son. As the warewolf attacked the father, it was apparent that not even his gun and sword would be strong enough to even land a dent on the father. Breathing a 2nd puff... it became inevitable that he would be captured. But why would the carnesaurs capture him in the first place...

The recent sentient carnesaurs were not as stupid as one thought... obviously. They had noticed these bases plenty of times before... and had devised well in advance for any such eventuality. It was no wonder that nobody had discovered them until recently....

{now onto the other post...}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research, Day One(Open)   Research, Day One(Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Research, Day One(Open)
Page 1 of 1