SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

incident in hyper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: incident in hyper   incident in hyper EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm

"all systems functional, hull integrity at 99.96%, shields charging at 80% and rising, everything is green across the board" said Etrius as he read out the statistics on his dashboard. they were traveling in FTL and the window was closed to avoid what little gamma radiation got through the shield."current speed is 6 lights, total combat efficiency is at 99.97%, the ship should be able to hold up against a small determined force should we run into trouble".
"lets hope we don't, that would be a real pain to deal with at the moment" remarked Sam
"just in case, computer"
"yes?"
"prep a cartridge for the forward terrawatts and load the broadsides with daisy cutter heads, nukes are a bit overkill at the moment, also run a diagnostic on the AAA and fill the ammo bins, i dont want any running out of ammo in the middle of a fight like last time"
"that was not my fault" retorted the computer actually putting emphasis on the statement "the attack was unpredictable and the ship was on teir 4 standby"

the computer went silent for a moment and suddenly announced "sensors say that there is an anomaly in the fandor systems at this time, bypassing it is not necessary but it is worth considering"

Sam considered this for quite a while and came to a decision.
Back to top Go down

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: Re: incident in hyper   incident in hyper EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Note: ---Paradox Time--- There is another Orin from the future in Fandor presently.

Just then, a telbaran fleet with Orin as the leader emerged... "Sir. An unknown spacecraft in this area has been detected on this test flight with our hyperspace technologies. It would seem that they have unknowingly entered this section of the galaxy. What should we do?"

Orin pondered the situation, then said: "Contact them. Our engineering skills should be sufficient to decrypt what they may be saying in the first place." He said, hailing them: "This is Orin Vaetriss of the telbaran species. What are you doing near the borders of the telbaran society?" He commented, then awaited an answer.

However... it was proably already too late, and this version of orin was too busy. He had to report the results of their hyperspace jumps, and make some contracts with some aliens on the engineering planet.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: Re: incident in hyper   incident in hyper EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:13 pm

"incoming message" said Etrius in conjunction with the computer "strange lettering, but it should be easy to translate" the computer spoke this time and said "its not that hard, it is about the equivalent of a teir 5 encryption, they didnt sent language files but i believe i might have some of their language for refinement innn ..... now"

the massage was broad casted across the ship's intercom but there was no one to warn, it was just something that had been built into the ship. Sam leaned forward in his command chair and listened to the message. "telbaran? they must be that new species we encountered over new exford, bring them on screen but prep the engines for acceleration to 14 lights in case they become hostile"

he answered the hail and the screen popped up to show a humanoid, obviously the commander of the task force. he answered in the most disarming voice he could manage "hello, i am Samuel O'Neil, captain of this vessel, to answer you question, we are on our way to the Fandor planets to test some things and investigate an anomaly there." he took a deep breath and continued "but before we ask who you are and dispute the intergalactic free use of the hyper-valleys, perhapse we might drop out of hyper first, i always find it more pleasant to talk in normal space instead of hyper."
Back to top Go down

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: Re: incident in hyper   incident in hyper EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

There were a few temporal records in the telbaran forces in that matter. A few events throughout the solar system that played a semi-important role in deciding the fates of many empires. However, their temporal records would only emerge in certain situations. In this case... Orin was both in that area, and in this location as well. A clear paradox that was in the temporal records.

"Very well." Orin said, then dropped into normal space. "Hmm... an encounter on some unknown planet? Considering that... there is only one solution to it. They must be from the future then... or one of the other factions. We have no records of encountering any species let alone knowing any planets yet. But... our officials have already had laws involving that. We are forbidden to involve ourselves with any temporal events until we ourselves develop the technology. This is especially vital due to our... relations." Orin commented, curious about that situation. "However... we Telbarans are a friendly race. Here is a starmap to our chief engineering planet. If you need quality repairs, we guarantee there is nobody better." They said, transmitting the maps.

Then orin added: "I need to depart. We have only just developed hyperspace technologies, and I need to report back to my officials. Just remember that planet if you care to hire our engineers." They said, closing, then jumped out.

Last edited by Orin Vaetriss on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: Re: incident in hyper   incident in hyper EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

"hmm" mused Sam "that was interesting, they say they have developed FTL only recently, their star map is a bit strange but never mind that" he ran some scenarios in his head and spoke again to the computer.
"computer, resume course for the Fandors but at a speed of 8 lights, and load four missile tubes with nukes, two on each broadside"
"yes sir, carrying that out now"

[jumps back into warp]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

incident in hyper Empty
PostSubject: Re: incident in hyper   incident in hyper Empty

Back to top Go down

incident in hyper
Page 1 of 1