SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Kargagna laughed uproarisly, "You think Evoknights would blow up a planet where their entire army is stationed? Even they aren't that ruthless. And these... Hagar Devices you called them, all the more reason to utilize stealth and trickery. Otherwise, they'll be on far higher ground than us. But that is beside the point, since it is obvious I can't persuade, let's have this vote. All in favor of the logical and stealthy approach say aye. All those imbeciles who believe that throwing warships at warships is going to bring the Evoknights to their heels say nay." Of course he had stacked the odds against Lan, but most of what he said was the truth, or at the very least a little bit of an exaggeration. "To show my complete faith in the plan, I will volunteer to go with Agamemnon to set off these EMPs."
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Lan felt a nagging want to use her weapon again. "There is no need to have the Hagar Devices offline. They will certainly be online. It will be impossible to sneak past a vast army of warships without being seen, unless Hoodie over there can get his act together and stealth an eintire ship. Which frankly, I think he's too retarded to know how to stealth a fly. You really think that, even if stealthing was achieved, that for some godly reason those Hagars will be shut down? A single one affects several kilometers." She jabbed a thumb towards Kenji to punctuate "Hoodie", who was now sitting up and glaring. She met his glare, and he looked away.

"If you want to throw a ship crew's life away along with several humans and throw away any change of retaking Sigma, be my guest. Your incompetence as a tactician will destroy the Entente."
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 am

Sam now decided that the Entente was. Now officially disintegrating, the galixor was right, they needed a distraction in order to make any plan work. There were just too many, they were out numbered, out gunned, disorganized and also the ones slamming the wall, that just did not work on so many levels, it wasn't even funny. The only way they could possibly win was if they had a decisive advantage and it was clear that the humans would not be lending help to the Entente. The planetary SAPL worked much better as a defensive weapon because of it's pinpoint accuracy over 12 light minutes, also because it took 25 minutes to prepare but it only took a few seconds or less to bring it to action. If it could be set up somewhere and be firing outward away from any inhabited planets, they could pull out all the stops and do some real damage but not over sigma, there were still survivors there. He began to hatch a plan of his own to arrange for the evos to get a little distraction, courtesy of one Kid Commander Samuel (chronicler) O'Neil. The rest of the Entente could not know of this however, for fear of them screwing it up, call it being paranoid.

He stood up and fired several shots from his pistol into the air, thankfully he loaded the cartridges with black powder instead of "gauss powder" (as his grunts were starting to call it) and it could hopefully get everyone to pay attention. "Everyone just calm down, your bickering like hapless school children over candy, how the he'll did you manage to achieve this rank if you can't get anything done?!?" he yelled. "now, enough bickering and start planning a coherent military strategy like civilized high ranking officers. Some of my fleet is being held up by something so Etrius is going to be commanding ONAs fleet for now, I'll leave a hologram here so he won't need to be caught up on the plan." and with that, he put a hologram pad on his seat, then he began walking out of the room "oh, I almost forgot" he said over his shoulder "please try to play nice, I think we need everyone here in one piece for the time being, and Lan, please stop shooting people, it just gives you a bad image." he stepped out of the room and smiled at everyone before the doors slid shut.

The hologram clicked on and Etrius popped up. "Hi guys, what did it miss?"
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Lan frowned. "The first shot would have easily been healed. Interruptions like his are unacceptable..."

She looked at Etrius' hologram. She'd much rather prefer to talk in person, but there really wasn't a choice. She repeated the two plans to Sam. "Both plans have downfalls, I'll admit, but it's best to coordinate an assault. If the EMP is used before the fight starts, as par Loki's plan, we will be busy obliterating the EMP'd fleet while Evoknight reinforcements will jump in behind us. Taking fire from behind will result in many more casualties than assaulting two places at once, finishing them, and be ready to fight the reinforcements."

"But..." she fidgeted with the Sigma hologram again, and ignored Kargagna's request of "no more ideas". "During the start of the assault, we should send the humans down then, instead of waiting to completely destroy the forces at the poles." Lan keyed in several buttons into the hologram and it zoomed in on Sigma's north pole. The red Evoknight ships appeared all over the place, simulating the full front once the Evo's filed away from the equator of the planet. Percentages of ships making it through the hellish crossfire flashed up on the screen. 68.17% was better than she expected.

"The ships carrying some humans flying in from an angle at the north pole will create enough thrust and momentum to quickly get them to Xychus City, while the others penetrate through the atmosphere right above Xychus. That will spread the triple-A fire around better. And the invasion can finally start. Any questions, or is this meeting going to continue for another week?"
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Etrius looked down at something not shown on the hologram and looked back up again "Sam patched through a call to dad, a while ago, now a fleet carrying an extra SAPL have arrived at a system to the intergalactic east of Sigma. Now if i know my brother, he's going to set up an ambush there and do something drastic and slightly suicidal, i wouldn't worry about him too much though, he does this all the time." he shrugged, shook his head and got back to the plan. "my people are already stationed over the gravity well now to monitor Evoknight activity, my Honor classes can insert into the atmosphere first to clear out the triple A with a couple firebombs. Don't worry, my boys can take care of themselves." He sat back and picked up a coffee mug from off screen.

"Personally, i think that this meeting has gone on just about long enough. i need to get my fly boys ready and run some more status checks on my support fleet, i'm pretty sure we would all like to get back to our flagships right now and take a nice long snooze. At least, thats what i want, although i'm kinda already on my flagship" He shrugged and had another sip. "besides, we got the tunnel blocker, the SAPL array, some pre-fabricated orbital defenses and a plan, thats good enough for me. all in favor of ending this meeting, say aye"
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Lan shook her head. "No. Keep that ship out. There are several thousand large artillery emplacements specifically designed to destroy fast-entry ships. It has a zero chance of even getting into a firebombing position. And keep Sam in check, we only have one shot at this. No one here can afford him jumping the gun..."

She stood up from her chair. "This meeting is over. I'll have the full plan specs uploaded to each flagship. Good luck, everyone." As she started to leave, Bruno jumped up.

"Wait! I have another plan!" He spoke quickly. But Lan waved him off. "Sorry, but ONMC has made our time even shorter." She motioned for all the RAVEN officers to assemble. "Agamemnon, Kenji, and Alice will report to The Revanant. You three are going straight to UWUC central." And with that, Lan and her lieutenants left the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance   Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPACE ADVENTURES :: Space :: Space-
Jump to: