HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Share | 

Beta Bros

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Beta Bros    Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:08 pm

It was easy to tell that some zones were nicer than others. What was the purpose of this discrimination? Whatever it was it made him uneasy, like Lenina was trying to encourage elitism in certain humans. Whatever her plans may be, he wouldn't dismiss them as completely nefarious just yet. Walking quickly but with his gait controlled like it always was, Chester made his way towards the Beta zone. No matter what would happen, this new life on the space station was better than his old existence on New Exford. If he were there right now one side of his body, the one facing the melted metal that he had to work with every day at his old job, would be blazing hot, and the other frigid cold. He'd hadn't felt so warm in years, and he had Lan to thank for this. Granted, she had gotten him off the planet and straight back into the cockpit of a fighter ship, but he was still grateful. He'd have rather have died in that ship than stay on New Exford anyway. And he liked flying, he was great at it, and it was the probably the only thing he'd boast about if ever given the explicit chance. It had been the main thing he'd been trained to do during his time with the UEF. Chester stopped outside the door to his room. I definitely need to thank her before she leaves. He didn't really want her to go. She was a friend, after all. After unlocking his room with a small metallic card he'd been given he stepped inside to marvel at his only-slightly-less-than-first-class dorm. This place was a castle compared to his apartment.

ooc: A whole post full of mostly THINKING B) YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"I was going to say "blitz my chakras" a lot. I'm serious about that. It was going to be my go-to line. Like, dude, just go apeshit on those chakras. I'm not paypalling you a Benjie and a half for a bunch of weaksauce chakras. I want a chakra you can hang your hat on, WHILE you fry an egg on it, and makes you HIGH just in the amount of time it takes you to go Google whatever the fuck a chakra IS."
-Andrew Hussie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Lan strode unhappily through the giant iron structure. Not surprisingly, weapons were strictly prohibited on the station, excluding for guardsmen, and pretty much all her gear had been confiscated and stored in a giant titanium vault, and would stay that way for the remainder of her five-day visit.

Now she had decided to just spend her time exploring, walking from an interesting arena-like structure to a tranquil observation deck showing the vastness of space to the mediocre Delta Zone and finally up to the lavish Beta Zone. It became pretty clear some humans were treated better than others, but she really didn't care. It wasn't any of her business.

She turned a poorly lit corner, quickly dodged around an armed guard, and stepped in front of an open doorway. She frowned. It made her remember the door she had left open back in UWUC central, that earned her a laser blast into the back of her knee. It burned just by thinking about it, and she absentmindedly looked down at the bandages covering it. Which, of course, reminded her of her other wounds. Lan's eyes flickered back up and watched Chester for a second. Might as well say something...

"So you're a Beta, Cheddar? Shouldn't you be at the top?" She said casually, the last part being a little sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Chester jumped a little as Lan appeared behind him. Cheddar. He didn't care for that name, but it was a little better than Chestnut. He turned to face her, not really wanting to lock his greenish-gray eyes with her jet black ones. "Yeah. I don't really know why I'm even a beta. I've only ever used my power once, and it didn't go well." He flicked his eyes down to his arm, which should have been covered in burn marks, but wasn't because of certain alterations in his healing process. He guessed he had the UEF to thank for not being covered in scars. Not like it really mattered anyway though, all his clothes were long sleeved and he hadn't a single pair of shorts. Back when Chester had first come to New Exford and started working at the metal refinery, he had accidentally changed a vat of molten iron into a gas. It had felt sort of like being dipped in lava. Well if he was going to thank her he may as well do it now. "Thank you Lan. For getting me off of New Exford. I couldn't have survived there much longer."

OOC: This post is carrots. :B

"I was going to say "blitz my chakras" a lot. I'm serious about that. It was going to be my go-to line. Like, dude, just go apeshit on those chakras. I'm not paypalling you a Benjie and a half for a bunch of weaksauce chakras. I want a chakra you can hang your hat on, WHILE you fry an egg on it, and makes you HIGH just in the amount of time it takes you to go Google whatever the fuck a chakra IS."
-Andrew Hussie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Lan shrugged. Who really thanked someone for bringing them into life and death situations? His life on Exford must have really sucked. That's why she had used her brain and technical skills to get a job, and not her physical power...

"So I presume you were fired from that refinery? Not that it matters. The economy's screwed and you would have been fired anyway." She frowned at the thought of Chester losing his apartment. Homeless people rarely survive a week on New Exford.

Lan looked around the room, but didn't step inside. Apart from the generic things all Betas got, it seemed Chester had pretty much nothing. Then she remembered about something. Something she had picked up on Sigma. She reached into her pants pocket and took out a flat gold thing she had confiscated from a dead Evoknight. It looked like a pure gold coin, with strange characters engraved into the two faces as well as some small grooves and ridges. Probably just unknown Evo dialect.

She moved the coin onto her thumb and flipped it at Chester. "It's a little souvenir I picked up on Sigma." She said, almost adding because you weren't there to do it yourself.

OOC: This post is... a cow's eyelash. Or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 pm

ooc: That's a very serious statement, Rookie.

He actually hadn't been fired, though he would have been by now for not showing up to work for several days, but in actuality he was one of the refinery's best employees. He liked to think that they wouldn't fire him just to save money, even though the more rational part of him was sure that he'd be out the door as soon as someone willing to work for even marginally less came around. He answered Lan's statement with a simple "Mm." He didn't really need to say anything else to her, but he didn't mind her staying.

He caught the coin in one hand and turned it around between his fingers, noting the odd etching in it's metallic surface. Strange that beings from another dimension would have money like them. "Thanks," he said with a smile. Chester hadn't really gotten a gift before, not that he remembered. He probably had before he was taken from his parents, but he couldn't remember it.

-Andrew Hussie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Lan shrugged, dismissing Chester's thanks. "I'll be here for a few more days before I leave. I won't be here to babysit you next week, so don't get yourself in trouble, alright?" She waved and set off down the hall again. That was a mean thing to say, but it was better than something like stay safe.

She vanished as abruptly as she had appeared, soon back in Domain Delta. She wondered what to do once she left. RAVEN payed her a lot of money, but it was also quite boring repairing spacecraft. She needed more mercenary work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Bros    

Back to top Go down

Beta Bros
Page 1 of 1