SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

SWAN DIVE!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Breathe in. Breathe out. Dori raised her arms to her sides and lowered them again. She looked out over the expanse of water before her. It was an practically an ocean, with a maximum depth of thirty-five feet and a length at least three times that. She'd never had the luxury to swim in a pool like this, or use such a high high-dive. Dori pulled her goggles out over her face and released them with a snapping sound. "Owch," she stated as the rings of silicon plastic collided with her skin. She flinched the tiny sting away in less than a second. As soon as her dark navy swimsuit (complements of the station) was properly adjusted, Dori began bouncing up and down on the plank of synthetic wood. As soon as she reached the third bounce she rocketed off of the plank and into the air.

Dori smiled broadly. Open air on all sides was one of the greatest feelings in the universe, it was like being weightless. She rose into the air like a bird, then at the height of her jump she angled her body downwards, towards the water. Then she began to plummet. As the water drew ever closer, she stretched her arms out to her sides and eventually over her head. And suddenly she was underwater. Dori hadn't blinked throughout the whole experience, and didn't start now. She watched bubbles rise up around her, tailing her fall like she was a comet. After sinking about halfway she swam back to the surface. As soon as she was out from under the blue expanse, she ran her fingers through her acid green hair and floated on her back. It was sort of weird that no one else was here. The pool was definitely big enough to fit everyone... Oh well. Solitude was alright. Dori hadn't met any of the other humans yet, but she had met several aliens back on Sigma. Aliens weren't all bad, she had made friends with an Ilet by the name of Merr before the Evoknights attacked. She could only guess Merr was dead now, but she didn't let it weigh her down too much. He wouldn't want that.

ooc: hurdurr
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 am

Bland tiles and soggy benches and soft, creeping, echoing silence. Ronny had never liked pools that beach. Out in the sun under warm rays and being cooled by gentle breezes. It was free, a place where you could stretch out your arms over the Earth and pity the seagulls who couldn't do the same. Pools were too confined and the air was always stale, polluted with that nauseating dull smell of chlorine. Getting out was like visiting Antartica with how cold it seemed to get shortly after and walking on the tiles of these places always made him feel like he was stepping right on disease no matter how many times it was cleaned. The Station did a good job setting itself apart from the rest. Impressive or just unused?

It was here and he might as well use it. Besides! When was the last time he saw clean water to take a dive in? And how nice it was for the station staff (whoever that was) to provide swimwear for them. He wore brown swim trunks, two blue streaks went down the side of the leg, covered over the the bottom with face, smiling snarkily with an eyebrow raised. It read "Station Two" down the stitches, under that it had writing in some alien language or another. Ronny stared at the English for a moment. It had been a while since he had seen any of that written from someone other than himself.

Ronny left the locker room, hoping to have a little enjoyment, if just by himself. Walking into the pool area he was taken by shock. The pool was massive! It stretched almost endlessly, the blue water shimmering as it lapped gently at the edges of its walls. Diving boards stood in rows at equal distances from each other all at varying heights. With how long it went... How deep could the water go!? The possibilities for this place was endless! He couldn't stop the wide grin spreading across his face. This place was going to be better than he originally thought! He flinched when flecks of water suddenly hit him and a loud splash echoed around the hollow room. In his amazement he hadn't noticed someone else here. He blinked, wiping the water away from his eyes and looked into the pool and saw immediately the green-haired girl that had made the disturbance. She floated carelessly on her back, moving with the gentle waves of the water. He didn't know her, in fact, he'd never seen her before. She seemed to have come out of nowhere. Almost as if...

"What a pity." Without thinking Ronny looked to his right, hearing the voice from the direction... He thought. It was coming from... Somewhere else. "Stuck here with you. Like a flu on parade day. Forced to look at your petty example of living." The voice was laced with the kind of disgusted that bred shame in those it attacked.

He had been exposed to this man's taunting for months and in the long time he'd listened to the broadcasts he'd learned that his name had been--was, actually--Rodger. His voice always came out harsh and his words, unforgiving. His voice was deep, though not amazingly so. "A sickly, toad-skinned boy. What kind of girl would want to gaze at a maggot with skin whiter than the tiles on the floor?" Ronny looked down towards the ground, viewing said tiles. They could have sparkled from being so clean. Dazzling with a white so pure that the crayons from Crayola or the paper from trees couldn't match it. The snow on mountain tops would be jealous. Rodger sneered, the noise making Ronny want to cringe. "Disgusting. You pollute the places you stand, monkey." He reluctantly looked up from the floor to the girl and then back down again. Maybe it would be best if he just left? "And let the others see you too? You'd be better off waddling to the back, she'll never see you there. You'll be nothing but a gnat in her mind." Ronny looked down the long pool, considering doing it for just a moment. It was such a long walk. To the very end? That was... He flinched at the sound of disappointment and felt immediately weak. He'd do it just... Not now.

Maybe he could sneak into the water and she'd never notice! Or perhaps she'll look at him and then swim away into the eternity of this pool. Or she'll tell him to leave and he'll do so. That one seemed more satisfying. Ronny knelt at the edge of the pool, slipping in as quietly as he could, cursing the sounds of lapping water that emitted despite his efforts. He shuddered when he got his body in, feeling the cold water seep into his bones like liquid ice. Yes... Maybe she... Wouldn't notice.

OOC: This post should be ignored and disregarded. =w=
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 am

The waves generated by Dori's plunge evanesced and left the water glassy, like a blue mirror. She let herself sink into the stillness, with only her face hanging above the surface. She lay like that for a moment, when suddenly the stillness was broken. Dori could both pick out the sound and feel the disturbance that signified someone was there. Funny. She'd just been thinking about meeting another human. She hoped he wouldn't call her weird. That's what everyone said to her.

Dori propelled herself forward, off of her back and onto her feet. She spun around to face Ronny, noting his carefulness when getting into the water. She shrunk inward on herself slightly, her cheerful grin broken a little. But it quickly righted itself. "Hi," She paused before saying anything else, giving him time to react. She remembered seeing this boy at the orientation, she'd given him a passing glance along with everyone else. She noted his swimsuit- it was better than her's. His had some pattern to it, her's was just solid blue.

ooc: derp
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Ronny barely managed to stop himself from flinching when the girl addressed him with a simple hello. Looking at her he smiled, genuine happiness in the face. "Hi," he managed, pushing himself away from the sidelines of the pool. Well, he'd failed his stealth mission. Maybe he should have gone to the back... He tried to remember if he'd ever seen her somewhere on this ship, like maybe from that short introduction Lenina gave him or possibly while going to get some food. He couldn't recall seeing her either time. He felt like he might have somewhere in his mind, but right now it came at a blank.

He wanted to ask her where she'd come from. It was as if she materialized into existence! There were some other humans he'd seen like that. They'd just come out of nowhere. As is they were coming from... Somewhere else. The thought made a chill run down his spine. "I don't think I've seen you around before," he told her. Was she on Sigma? Couldn't have been, he hadn't seen her. Varsia? Definitely not. Then where?

OOC: THIS POOOOSSSTT! >8I
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Dori swam towards Ronny, twisting and turning through the water like a true amphibious creature. "I don't think you have." She came to a stop a few feet in front of him. "I was sent to another location on Sigma for some research as soon as I got off the ship from Earth." She paused, kicking her feet and floating towards the left.

Chromakans were naturally curious creatures, even more so than the humans. It wouldn't make sense for them not to have arranged to experiment on at least one of their new residents. It was for the better of her race, and she had realized that early on. Their experimentation methods were very humane, she didn't remember seeing a single knife or needle during her whole stay. She did remember waking up with unexplainable scars though, leading her to the conclusion that they had been sedating and cutting on her while she was asleep. They'd kept her in a hospital-like building for the majority of the time, but she was allowed out and about wherever she wanted as long as she'd had a keeper. Her room had been nicer than any of the ones at the apartments, and she'd been allowed to explore her power freely. It hadn't been a bad experience for her at all, the only real downside was that she had been lonely most of the time. But then she met Merr and that changed. Now that she was thinking back on it, she couldn't help wonder if she had just been hoodwinked into thinking it had been a neutral experience. Eh. It was over now. All the doctors there were dead, and so was Merr. Her heart twitched at the thought of his most definite death.

"You're the first of remaining humans that I've met," she said with a speck of wistfulness in her voice. "Oh, my name's Dori, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Sent for... Research? All at once he remembered the landing on Sigma and the hysteria that happened just as quickly after. People and aliens rushing around, yelling from both species. He only understood the English, everything else sounded like odd wailing and barking. Even now he can hear the roaring in his ears. Despite their efforts at resistance everyone was rounded up by the strange beings and loaded into vehicles. There was a lot of waiting and transportation after that. Screening and things. And then they were separated. Some going to the apartments the others he never saw after that. He'd lost friends that day. The thought of them put a pain in his heart. Whatever happened to them...?

Looking at the girl, who's name was evidently Dori, he felt a little bit of hope. Maybe they were still alive? Just somewhere else? "Where there others with you?" He asked her, fearful curiosity making him ask. Maybe they were still alive! And he could meet them again! His hopes almost immediately died. Sigma was still destroyed. The Evoknights still did what they did. Even if they were up and running they weren't now. Mocking tuts came around, faking sympathy.

"I'm Ronny," he returned, trying to hold his smile against the knock of grief. "Nice to meet you. I'm really the first? Maybe I can help introduce you to everyone else!" Yeah, like one of those people that walk you around on the first day of school or something. He'd never had one of those but apparently they were helpful.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

"No," Dori replied instantly. Her ride from Earth to Sigma had been completely solitary, except for the pilot and the ship's few crew members. She didn't actually remember a lot of the trip; one fourth of it to be exact. "Well..." She tilted her head "I suppose there could have been others. I don't remember seeing them though." It was hard for her to remember any of the trip. She'd been in an accident and knocked into comatose for a year. When she thought back on it she felt frustrated. A whole year of her life- just gone. The details of the accident weren't clear, and when she tried to recall them a blinding whiteness tore through her head. She stared at a small scar right below her neckt. She remembered seeing a lot of blood- her own blood- flying about her like it suspended in midair, and the feeling of her lungs collapsing and imploding in on themselves. And then, for the longest time, nothing.

Dori looked back up at Ronny, her face brightening. "That'd be great!"

Ooc: THIS POST! D< THIIIIIIS POOOOOOSTTTT.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:24 pm

No... Ronny's heart sank to his stomach and burned in the acids. Abducted by aliens on an alien planet. Gone forever. It felt like a bad dream. maybe there was some hope for them, if they weren't dead. They were supposed to be an endangered species right? Protected by an alien government. They couldn't just be discarded, it had to be illegal! Maybe they had their own facilities. Their own Yellow Stone on another planet, separated from everyone else and thinking all of them were dead too. Lenina seemed to have some sort of power even if it were acquired by unknown means. She found and collected everyone on Sigma, maybe she'd be able to do the same for the rest? His thoughts were mocked almost immediately by Rodger's laugh a thing contagious to the others that dwell with him. Ronny frowned, anger tampering with his high spirits. What was so funny!?

He tried to suppress the emotion and ignore them. He couldn't let them rain on their parade. He let his smile reappear. "Good! We can start anytime you want to." Ronny looked into the pool, noticing its emptiness. Vast, but empty. He looked around the room for some sort of door to a closet or something that may hold various pool extras. "There has to be something else here," he wondered aloud, not believing the station with its numerous amounts of recreation would leave the pool plain to water and diving boards.

Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Dori noted Ronny's slight dampening of spirits, but knew of no way to console him. They were all dead. It bothered her too, but what could be done? Nothing.

"Maybe as soon as we're done in the pool," she said, her voice echoing against the complete whiteness. Dori followed Ronny's stare around the room. White was such a boring color. They could have done with some green or blue in here. It would have really livened things up.

ooc: Sorry, I had no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 pm

OOC: I COULD HAVE EDITED IT! DX It was a crapatap post. =/

After their time at the pool? After they ate! Water always made him hungry. Ronny climbed out of the pool and headed for what he could only guess was some sort of storage. The doors were outlined in a dark black on their borders. He was surprised he hadn't seen it immediately. They were wide doors and plain in color--the same white as the floor tiles--and had fancy handles to go with them. The handles were shaped like an animal--what he through could have been--he'd never seen before. Maybe it was on another one of these planets?

He pulled open the handles and found that the doors were surprisingly easy to open. He thought they would be locked. The closet was pitch dark and seemed like it would go on forever. He wouldn't be surprised if it did, the pool looked like it would. From where he could see there was no string nor switch to be pulled or flipped to get any light into the room. Ronny stepped inside to start the search for a switch but as he did the lights flicked on automatically. He was shocked to see that the back wall was much closer than he had imagined. What he was excepting was not in length, but width. The sides of the really went on forever, multiple lights crawled on the ceiling and to the assumed end.

The closet itself was filled with toys and items for pool fun. There seemed to be a thousand different items and a hundred of each. "This is great!" Ronny exclaimed, looking through all the things, most new, some familiar.

OOC: This one is just horrible.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

ooc: I postedthishoursagowhatareyoutalkingabout.

Dori clambered up out of the pool and went to stand by Ronny. She looked into the vast closet, grinning at huge array. "Wow," she said as she strode along behind him, leaving puddles wherever she stepped. Her gaze flew around the room, stopping every once in a while to perch on an object of interest. There was just so much! Inner tubes of every size and color, rafts, life jackets even, lined the walls.

Suddenly Dori shot past Ronny, her green hair flopping behind her in a dripping wet whip. She was fixated on something on the far wall, it looked like a plastic inflatable Loch Ness monster, only with two heads and two tails. Dori stretched up to reach it. She rose onto her tippy-toes and grabbed at the greenish-blue monster until she finally grasped it. Once she had it she gave Ronny a quick glance and rushed back to the pool. She threw the inflatable monster in then jumped in beside it. Smiling, she threw her arm around one of it's two necks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWAN DIVE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWAN DIVE!   SWAN DIVE! Empty

Back to top Go down

SWAN DIVE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPACE ADVENTURES :: Space :: Space :: Station 2-
Jump to: