SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Idea for development.

Go down 
2 posters

Approved?
yes, as is.
Idea for development. Vote_lcap14%Idea for development. Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
yes, but change the post costs.
Idea for development. Vote_lcap0%Idea for development. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No.
Idea for development. Vote_lcap71%Idea for development. Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Neutral.
Idea for development. Vote_lcap14%Idea for development. Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage

Idea for development. Empty
PostSubject: Idea for development.   Idea for development. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Why not have a simple leveling system?

The idea is simple enough. Several individual levels with infinite upgrades. Each level has a cost that increases by the same amount each step, consisting of simply posts used. Everything begins on lv1, and you can only change once every RL week, but may freely add to your levels when you have enough posts as well.

The Levels:

Attack - Greater offensive might and better weapons.
{5 posts times level}
Defense - Greater defensive might and better armors.
{5 posts times level}
Travel - Allows navigation, piloting, and general exploration. Allows you to use better vehicles also.
{5 posts times level}
Tech - How advanced you are in general for your species, and lets you utilize better equipments.
{15 posts times level}
Specailty - How strong your racial qualities or special power is.
{22 posts times level}
Social - How good with interactions you are.
{5 posts times level}
Tactics - How wise you are with devising strategies and doing devious techniques.
{15 posts times level}
Leadership - How efficient you are with training others and managing groups.
{35 posts times level}
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Idea for development.   Idea for development. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

I like the open-ended way that this forum is currently run. I think that levels would just over complicate things.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

PostSubject: Re: Idea for development.   Idea for development. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Okay, now I see what you're talking about, Orin.

While level systems would be a good idea, it doesn't necessarily work in this situation. Technological advances, power strength, weapons, and intelligence all depend on the character and the bio. Getting new weapons and techniques vary depending on where the character happens to go or do by the plan of the Roleplayer. For example, instead of having 35 points to choose how much leadership your character can have, they can come out as a formidable leader straight from the Bio Station. Or, instead, the character can have the most advanced vehicle in the world by the RPers wishes so long as it pertains to site rules and the approval of a site admin or mod.

Everything in a characters attributes is controlled solely by their role and action in the RP. If we add a level system it would, as Kiwi said, over complicate things, and destroy the smoother flow of free RP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for development.   Idea for development. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Concurred. So be it. Gl with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for development.   Idea for development. Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for development.
Page 1 of 1