SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

A hunt for carnoids.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A hunt for carnoids. Empty
PostSubject: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

There was a carnesaur infestation on this planet. Even the officials were hearing reports that a special creature able to gain infinite power via feeding existed on fandor 2. On one of the most open areas of fandor 2, these carnoids were stronger than even chimeras, and posessed fiendish abilities. They were in an extreme feeding craze, and already they were becoming a horrific threat to the ecosystem of this planet.

If nothing was done about it... this planet would be doomed to be fed off of carnoids, and they would potentially even begin leaving the planet for other areas. Infact, the infestation was in 2 places. One at the most major spaceport, and another on the most valuable fields here. It was a horrific nightmare in its own right!

Orin was brought here as well, hoping some officials would arrive, and eliminate this new menace - before they gained even more powers! It would only be a matter of time before the carnoid situation would turn from bad to worse, and failure was not an option.

To add insult to injury, it would not be long before the spaceports would be captured by the carnoids. And they had the skills to utilize spaceships, infact. Thus, the threat was on the brink, and they didnt have much time before the spaceships would be captured.

Time before spaceport capture is inevitable: 1 RP hour.
Threat Level: 8/10. Most dont have special powers, but they are very strong. Missles are vital to harm them, and they would take many volleys to bring down.
Present Numbers: 5 carnoids. 3 at the ports, 2 in the fields.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:53 am

The OBS Ann's Mercy dropped out of hyper over the planet. The brothers had recived word via hyper com that there was a threat here and the twins had decided that they had gone long enough without work, they decided that this might be a good idea to take care of the problem and hopefully earn a little pay. ONA wasn't just a couple engineers and the brothers decided that their skill with small arms was getting a bit rusty.

The ship finished running the tests and Etrius was already in the shuttle headed toward the surface of the planet. He carried his usual comliment of two bravo mechs and an alpha tank.
He opened a com to the ship which was instantly picked up.

"Sam, I am headed to the surface now, what are you gonna do while I'm fighting those carnies?"
"I, actually, will translate back into hyper and monitor from there, I dropped a hypercom node when we entrered, just call and I'll get to you"
"don't I have any backup? Those things are massive and I can't do headshots cause you want to study the brains"
"there should already be a guy down there, just that one but he is very competent"
"I hope he is, otherwise This is gonna suck"
"no, not that bad, if they capture the station then I'll translate back into realspace and hold them down, although I think the Feds would want all the ships intact"
"okay, I think I can handle it"
"just remember to watch your back"
"okay, I will, stop babying me, your not my mother"
"no, I will not stop babying you, anyway, get to work ... Sam out"

The channel cut and Etrius watched the ship jump to hyper and entered the planet atmosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:26 am

The future orin already knew that he was coming to eliminate the carnoids here. Transmitting to him, he said: "Ah, hello Etrius. Its been nearly 15 years according to reccolection. Remember meeting me just before you warped? I am the future version. You must be here to help eliminate the carnoids. Now, we will prevent the spaceships from being captured, and you can work on the field in that matter. Its advised you utilize plasma armaments and missles to beat them, although your no doubt better than that."

As Orin's team approached the starport, they noticed that the 3 major carnoids were huge! They were nearly 10 times the size of a truck, and their armor was a thick as titanium. "At this size... its no doubt why they are attacking the spaceports in the first place. They want to discover the molecular structure of those spacecraft... thus letting them take to the stars with their own composition. That must not happen. Further, its clear they have almost ruined the ecosystem on this planet... plants will run rampant soon if they are not stopped."

Orin's team began their siege on the carnoids.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:10 pm

The transmition came Through and Etrius smiled a bit. Plasma armaments, missiles, he was thinking a bit small for a professional killer but then again, he did not know about the real potential of the weapons that were loaded in the back of the shuttle. He headed for the outskirts of the city when a carnesaur came into veiw "whoa" was his first thought as the monster came into veiw. The surprise didn't last though, it never did , and he soon began to smile and he tightened his grip around the joystick, this caused two heavy guns dropped out from under the fuselage of the shuttle. They might stand up to simple bullets but 20mm cannons firing 700 armor piercing rounds per minute was a different matter.

He flew up and dive-bombed the carnie, letting off 30 full seconds of continuous fire into his target which bellowed in pain and faced the sudden threat. The monster was too big to be effected by the bullets and they were just absorbed into the mass, however, the bullets did do some damage (of course they did they were designed to puncture titanium). This let Etrius assess the situation and chose a weapon, ejecting himself from the back of the shuttle while the monster was focused on his means of transport he hit the ground and brought up his weapon. It was a projectile weapon, the design had been abandoned at the turn of the 30th century due to the rise of directed energy weapons, he had modified to old P90 to fire ONAs special bead ammunition. Usually the P90 would fire a standard rifle round but the brothers had modified it to propel a .50 calliber collapsed atom bead at a fraction of the speed of light. Normally he would perfer to be more surgical and use a submachinegun round but a round the size if your fist just got the point across so much easier. He squeezed the trigger and smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 am

The thick carpace seemed to have special qualities. As the shots tried to penetrate one of the carnesaurs... the skin itself actually absorbed the strikes. The carnoid had evolved a way to actually feed via its skin! It was no wonder they had to use missles in the first place. Orin knew better, but used plasma armaments on the 3 carnesaurs in order to whittle them down. It worked, but not very efficiently. But at least they had the technologies to operate reasonably.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Etrius turned the dial up on the P90 and set the weapon to full auto. The shots in the chamber currently were normal depleted uranium ap rounds, the dial set how much power was being circulated between the peq box and the barrel, turning that up actualy propelled the projectile with more force. He took aim at the monsters head and squeezed the trigger, releasing 7 rounds at the base of it's upper neck. The projectiles were propeled by an electromagnetic charge now to about 1/10 of the speed of light and discharging the projectile with that much voltage electrified the projectile, giving it the temporary to destroy the DNA of various cells with over a mega joule of pure electrical energy.

The bullets hit the carnesaur, broke through the armor and went clean through it, passing out of the other side of its neck, all the while sending 7 megajoules of electricity down it's nervous system. Etrius ducked out of the way as it smashed into a nearby house during a spasm as the energy raged throughout the monsters nervous synapses, dissabling adaptation for a while. It had been moving slowly toward the employee housing area and it had reached its destination. "shit!!" he said to himself, looked behind him and saw the second carnesaur still about 2-3 miles out. He pulled out his comm and dialed orin "Orin, requesting permission to cause nessessary collateral damages, over"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 am

Orin granted permission. "Whatever you do, however, your not to let them leave this area under any circumstance. 118,000 iterations ago, it was discovered that resulted in a disasterous cataclysm when you failed to proceed in that fasion." Orin said, transimitting the data to execute this operation perfectly. Timetravel had immense advantages when it came to such knowledge. It even explained the plan in precision detail.

The only problem was their budget. It wasnt like they couldnt capture them. Infact, Orin planned on capturing one of the carnesaurs alive, train it, and use it as a bodyguard. They needed that in order to ensure their survival, infact. They were planning on sending this 'gift' to the telbaran homeworld, infact. A vital addition to protect their society. The plan was to evolve a major space dragon.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 pm

the shuttle picked up a confirmation and orders from Etrius to drop a daisy cutter on a target that would be painted by a laser. Etrius flipped on a switch and spoke into the hyper com and spoke to Sam

"sorry man, im gonna have to kill em, this situation is getting out of hand"
the answer crackled through "im a bit dissapointed but carry on"
"will do man, this is getting rediculous, after i kill this guy im gonna drop some supplies with Neil and get out of here, the situation is getting way to hot"
"roger that, im preparing an alpha translation now"

Etrius clicked off the com and shot three more shots into the creatures spine to disable it. He turned the laser on and aimed it at the carnesaur's head. "taste some of this ya damn carnie" as the shuttle swooped by and dropped a cluster bomb the size of a car on the carnesaurs head. the bomb was filled with C8 and the explosion was devastating, disrupting his ears and causing his glasses to darken to filter out the light, the heads up display turned to static as all energy was focused on polarizing the glasses even more. he covered his eyes so as to not burn out his reactor right now, he needed that.

the light faded and he took a step forward, the ground was scorching hot and when his HUD flickered back on, he measured the temp at ground zero to be enough to melt most rock. he took a step closer and saw what seemed like the burned carcass of the carnesaur but it was still a bit hazy so it was hard to tell. he flicked on the com and patched through to Neil.

"this is Etrius, target eliminated, i will attempt to dissable the second one with terrawatt lasers and then ... holy shit!!"

the monster had actually picked itself up and kept lumbering towards the mineral depot. where it detected nutrients and matter. Etrius freaked out and fired at it, emptying his entire clip into its head, reloaded and kept firing. the beast stumbled and fell down but Etrius ran up and emptied another clip into its brain and pulled out his com.

"this is Etrius, this is just ridiculous, i recommend killing them on sight, if they can stand up to C8 than im outa here, im going to call in some KEWs and wax the mineral depot so they cant do anything" and he switched to the hyper channel
"Sam, our work here is done im going up"
"alrighty then, translating out of the alpha hyperband now"

he jumped onto the shuttle and caught a ride up, dropping through a hole in top of the cockpit and looked up to see a flash as the Anne's Mercy dropped out of hyper. he closed the hatch and placed his hands on the joystick, deactivating the auto-pilot. he sighed "time to go home"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 pm

There was no choice. They had to order the evacuation of the spaceships. That way, at least the carnesaurs couldn't leave the planet without potentially eating themselves. For there was by far too few creatures to allow the carnesaurs to evolve themselves into space dragons, even if they waited for several years to feed again.

Luckily, they responded quickly, knowing how dangerous these creatures were. It would not be long before they would actually mount a serious offensive, and possibly destroy the planet in the first place. But then again, there was also that chance that they could actually breed this nightmarish creature for combat purposes... Thus, the telbaran forces used the sleep gas on one of them, and delivered it to their spaceship. They too left the area, but much quicker...
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:17 pm

as Etrius stepped on board the ship, Sam opened a panel and pressed a red button, causing a light on the console to turn from red to green.

"people are clear of the planet, begin kinetic energy bombardment"
"aye sir" said the computer and red circles came up on the map indicating the blast zones

the kinetic energy weapons hit the planet, vaporizing a 750 meter patch of dirt everywhere they hit. the planet lit up like a flashlight as each one went off with the force of 5 nuclear bombs. it was a shame to destroy so much but a scan of the planet showed that the carnies were gone, most of any artificial structures was gone but so were the carnies and that is what counted. clouds lifted into the sky and blocked an further view of the planet, the damage to the planet itself was minor but it would be very hard to live there for at least several months. Etrius stepped onto the bridge and looked at the destruction.

"lets go man, its sad here"

Sam nodded his agreement and signaled to the computer.

"beginning alpha translation" its said and the ship jumped into hyperspace

[exiting topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A hunt for carnoids.   A hunt for carnoids. Empty

Back to top Go down

A hunt for carnoids.
Page 1 of 1