SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Just.... Afraid(Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

Just.... Afraid(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Yin huddled in the Refugee Camp, her thin form hidden by the remnants of what looked like a microwave. Her body was riddled with deep purple discolorations, but most of them were visible on her arms, where she'd fallen and braced herself on her elbows in the flight from the apartments. Her face was thinner and paler than should be, and her normally snow-white hair was dirty and greased a strange shade of gray. She whimpered as cold snow piled onto the top of her head, soaking her scalp with freezing water, and wrapped her arms more tightly around herself. She was wearing the thick coat Yang had ordered her to take from their Earthly home four years ago, it was a little small but it fit and kept most of her bodice warm. "Nee-san," she said softly, her voice broken and sad. She missed Yang. It was an ache in her chest. They'd never been separated for so long. It was like being torn in two, like separating a shadow from your body. She slipped her arms tenderly out of the sleeves of the coat and huddled more tightly inside the great chest-are of the coat, shivering.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Ah... Refugee Dinner, just as good as refugee blankets, or refugee curfew. Lucas hated being stuck around thousands of the unwashed masses. They looked so dirty and disgusting. He was sure the lady with black teeth that had served him his small bowl of soup had spit in it. Those black chunks looked rather suspect. And he wandered if he was supposed to eat this with a spoon or his hands. Either didn't make this meal anymore appetizing. Thinking about his next meal when there was war outside. Yep, that was Lucas. He walked away from the long line of aliens that were attempting to get food that may be their last. He noticed something. A shivering pile of waste sitting in a corner. Okay, that was a bit harsh, but yes, that was what the girl looked like. What with her ratty dirty blond hair, her starved face and complexion. And how all around nasty she looked. Yin. Missing a Yang. He knew her name for one reason and one reason only. He actually took the time to get to know some of the humans, they probably didn't remember him, but he remembered them.

Yin used to be all peppy, and bright eyed. Now look at her, a soggy mess of a girl with snow in her hair. Yep. That's war does to daffodils. Come on, man, make nice with her. he urged himself. Ugh, curse the goodness of his heart. Sashaying towards the girl, he plopped down next to her, staring off at the dinner line awkwardly. Human contact... Yep, that satisfied him, time to go. His body and mind told him to stay but his spirit wanted to fly. With sleepy eyes, he didn't look at the girl, but passed her the bowl of unrecognizable soup. "Eat something, you look like an anorexic hobo." He ordered. His voice not soft or comforting. Just hard and jaded. This was as nice as he could ever get, cooing over this girl like she was a precious flower was not what he was about. She'd be fine soon. And hopefully she'd stop crying. It was unsettling and gross.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:03 pm

At the sound of someone approaching, Yin looked up, then to the side as the boy sat down. She sniffled, listening to him talk for a second. She bit her lip as her stomach rumbled, the smell of food, no matter how disgusting, like heaven to her empty belly. "T-thank you," she said, smiling brightly at him. She hesitantly unzipped her coat and took the soup with almost numb fingers, looking a little too eager.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Great, now I have no food... growled Lucas to himself, but he guessed it went to a good cause... The smile on her face was worth a hundred meals. Yeah, right. This poor man mentality just wasn't him. He couldn't be like Gandhi, he couldn't be chivalrous. It just wasn't in him. But it was too late to reconsider. You only got one meal at a Refugee Camp, and he had just given his away. Maybe a good night sleep with some programmed great dreams could fix that. "So... Why are you acting so pitiful anyway?" Yeah, a war was going on. Not that big of a deal. And he didn't get twin mumbo jumbo so he just ignored that fact. "Guy troubles?" he murmured with a comical snort at his own joke. A relationship is the worst thing you could have at a time like this. God help those lovestruck losers.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

The younger Hotaru twin looked over at him, feeling a little guilty about taking his food. But he had offered it, right? No sense in wasting it. Yin wished she had some bread or something to sop in the soup, even though she'd never really done it much before. It was a bit vulgar. But she didn't care now, wishing she'd had some. She contemplated his question, looking thoughtful. Then she finally said, "This is a bad situation. I'm just sitting here looking sorry for myself..." she said, shrugging. "I miss my nii-san. Oh, I mean my brother." she added.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Lucas sighed to himself, he had often wished he had had a sibling to share good memories with. Never had he imagined any of the bad things like possibly losing them. He wondered if it was like losing a part of yourself. "I'm sure he's fine. He is after all, one of the most powerful humans. He's safer there than on here." said Lucas calmly, leaning against the ratty wall, his eyes slowly beginning to close. Well, that's your daily karam pick-me-up. Now you can move on, right. Yeah, he wished it was that easy. The more he talked to people the more he can became attached, and if he became attached, well... It'd be harder to let go which in a war would inevitably happen. He wondered who would go first him or her. They both didn't have much going for them, he didn't know what power Yin was hiding behind her frail looks, but he doubted it was something that could change the tide of a war.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 pm

"You can label them all you want," Yin murmured, looking up at the sky. "They're still human, like us... They made mistakes, they're going to make mistakes. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time when their powers were given to them," she said, sounding weary. She then looked down at the soup, trying to distract herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 pm

A refugee camp, Xinorrie thought as he covered himself more with the cloak. Perfect, he chuckle lightly before he and the other travelers he was with came to it. The other 'travelers' were actually ex-marines and such who ran away from whatever they were running away. One was running away from battle, another from wife, another from ... his mom. It was a odd bunch. Very odd bunch indeed. He was probably the only citizen in the group. "Now," he said, causing the soldiers to stop.

"Finally you spoke up," a ex-marine with glasses on, a Galaxior with a chipped horn, asked as it turned around. "It's been ages since you said anything, human," he said.

Xinorrie chuckled. He just chuckled as he dropped seeds of his power into the ground when he knelt down as if to be picking up something. After he was done, he turned to his comrades. "I hope you had fun being with me," he said as he walked away from them into the camp. The five of them just stared at him, confused at his actions. Then one of them took a step forward into the camp, and WHAM! The seeds that Xinorrie planted came to life in forms of illuminating tree branches that struck out and killed all of the ex-marines in one swift strike that sucked out their life force from them and into him.

He walked on as the bodies fell silently on that hill, unnoticed by anyone. Then he found a couple and sat next to them. "Hello," he said as he pulled out a pair of beef jerky. "Would you care for some?" he asked as he handed them the jerky.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:54 pm

The silver-haired girl blinked at the new man that walked up. She bit her lip. Why was everyone offering her food today? Did she really look so pitiful. "U-um, I don't want any, but I think he needs some," she said, nodding at Lucas. The other boy looked a little... sleepy. The man looked like... She couldn't really tell yet.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Lucas was asleep. His head against his chest and his mouth open in a half-snore. This conversation had been so emotionally draining that sleep was the perfect remedy. Though the half-light of the coming dreams was disturbed. Like throwing a rock into a placid pond, his vision rippled back to reality. He looked at who had woken him from his slumber to see a slim boy holding out the jerky. He looked at it with frown. "Pass." he murmured. It was hard to put a register on how much he cared about what was going on. Somewhere between zero and negative five. But the humans posy was what interested him. A mass of what looked like soldiers, why weren't these guys at the front lines, or at least guarding the camp instead of taking food. Doesn't matter. Was the mental reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Xinorrie shrugged as he put the beef jerky back into his pocket and sat down in front of them. “So, what happened with you guys?” he asked as he poked his finger into the ground and planted a seed of another deadly trap. He was going to kill everyone in this place, alright. He needed all their energy if he wanted to get enough of it to use it blow this planet up. “I lost my girlfriend to a patrol of some robbers,” he said as his eyes grew darker. All he could think about at the moment was revenge and revenge only. That was the only thing in his mind, but he will slowly get to it. Slowly. But he will wipe this camp first. Yes, starting with these two.

But when he looked at them, it got him thinking. Are they a couple? If they are, how long have they been together?

But questions could wait because he was thirsty for blood. After this, he would attack the heart of the city itself.

[OOC: Srry that it's so short T.T]
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Yin looked up, noticing Lucas' refusal of the food. She tilted her head at the man. "I'm sorry," she murmured apathetically. "My twin brother... Wait... It would be easier for me to show you, right?" She lifted her arms out of her coat, making the bowl nestle warmly against her stomach. She started moving her fingers in a slow pattern, as if playing a harp or weaving, and a few seconds later an image of a dark-haired boy showed up. His hair hung in his eyes and gave him a ghostly pallor, and the air shimmered around the image. "My twin brother was sent to some planet far away," she murmured sadly, and an image of a giant planet appeared with her brother on it. Weaving some more, she showed that there was flames leaping and dancing in a good-time ballet around him. "He controls fire, so they sent him there so he couldn't hurt anyone. I'm waiting for him now." Blue eyes filled with tears that she blinked away. These strangers wouldn't want to see her tears. "Gomen, I won't bore you with anymore." she said hastily.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:29 pm

"I'm just going with the flow man..." he replied, almost totally tuning Yin out. He had heard her story what seemed like a billion times. He looked into the boys eyes, studying him for a moment. Something was off, his story didn't make much sense. 'His girlfriend had died in a patrol of robbers?' Robbers patrolled? Then again he was on an alien world, maybe it was wiser that robbers moved in packs and kill peoples girlfriends. "So, why didn't you and your posse protect your girlfriend?" he asked, looking into his eyes, and meeting them head on. His gaze giving nothing but exhaustion away. He was used to showing no emotion at all, it was a favorable trait for him, something he considered very useful in his line of work. Which was just getting through the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Xinorrie’s eyes grew extremely dark. “I was hunting down defected government workers and civil servants when she was killed. We lived in the edge of the city back then, so … police and such couldn’t arrive in time before my girlfriend was killed with one clean shot to the heart and my house was emptied out,” Xinorrie growled as he stood up. He visibly made twenty seeds and tossed them into the air. “Now,” he said as the seed that he had just planted sprouted up and struck out at Yin and Lucas. The other seeds sprouted as well and they had already killed several people. “Let the fun, beign,” he said as he jumped back and disappeared into the crowd of panicking people,” he said.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Yin started to open her mouth and respond, when she heard a shriek of alarm. She looked up, eyes going huge as she saw the seeds. Her whole body froze, confusion pounding her veins. What could a bunch of seeds do? In her peripheral vision, she saw one seed whip out and leech the life from it's victim, a alien child. A horrified cry came, mangled, from her throat. That was what they did. Reach out and suck the life-force (Aura, as Adailia would have said) right from the victims. And it was going to happen to her and Lucas in mere seconds. Years of practicing with Yang taught her some basic fighting skills. She tucked her head into her chest, chin touching her collarbone, and ducked out of the immediate path of the seeds, scuffing purple and gray colored earth onto her face.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Seeds? was the question in Lucas's mind as he got to his feet. "Hey, wait a sec-." The first scream caught him off guard, they were moving like vines wrapping around people and killing them almost instantly. That's his power... manipulation of plant life. He knew there was something off about the boy, though he hadn't thought he was completely insane. Now as he saw the vines lurch at him, he had no doubt. His eyes for a moment, fell on Yin, and seeing as she was already moving out of the way, he moved his hand to his back, where he kept his folded Ichzer at almost all times, it was good for a quick getaway, or in this case a makeshift shield. He maneuvered the object out in front of him, watching it as it curled open just as the vines slammed into it. "A little bit of a hothead." He murmured, scanning the crowd for the familiar face. No, he wasn't here. And that meant his power was useless... Or was it.

"Everyone! Pipe the fuck down, now!" He ordered, his voice almost screaming. As soon as he did, he kicked the Ichzer away from him, the jets on it causing it to fly into the crowd. Lucas stumbled to his feet, slamming his fist against the wooden panels. As he did so, his power activated. Anyone in the crowd would be taking a header into the ground now. Falling down asleep, all except for Xinorrie and Yin. His crew however, wouldn't fair so well, most likely they would be unconscious. "Who are you...?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Xinorrie chuckled at the seeds in the air remained hovering, supported by their branches of phosphorescent branches that continued to strike out, pierce people can kill them by sucking out their life force. Then the life force was transferred into her. He chuckled more as he felt life surge into him. “Aw, that’s no fun if you knock everyone unconscious,” he said as five more people died. “You make them too easy of a target,” he said as the branches struck out. “By the way, these aren’t plants in your normal sense. They are my power,” he said as the one that missed Yin turned around and wrapped itself around her. “I can choose to suck out life,” he said as the tip of the branch hovered near her forehead. Then the seeds in midair sent forth several more branches to surround Lucas. “I am of the Basilisks,” he said. “And I want your life in my hands,” he gave them a devious smile.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Yin's breathing hitched, and she let out a terrified whimper, her muscles locking in place. What could she do? She very well didn't want to die-Oh, wait! This man's power was the ability to make seeds steal someone's life-force, right? What if she could try to imitate that ability? Or, in her case, attempt to create the appearance of the power. Thinking hard and barely breathing, her fingers twitched, sewing the air. Around a minute later, a huge plant seemed to wrap around Xinorrie, a gaping mouth at it's tapered green end as it hissed furiously at him. She worked super hard to keep the illusion up, since her acts normally weren't in direct contact with humans or any other lifeforms, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:11 am

A large Evoknight male slumped against a heap of metal, dead. Gylfie sneered at it's lifeless body. "That's what you get for sneaking into our refugee camp. Trying to pick on the defenseless ones, huh." That wasn't her first time killing an Evoknight, those monsters were insufferable. They had killed so many people, it was unforgivable. Their strategy was barbaric, they could get almost nothing out of the Sigma after what they had done. So much of the population was dead or wounded, they couldn't even be used as slaves now. Also the planet itself was hurting. Gylfie estimated that it would explode within a few months unless something was done. Dusting off her skirt, she walked through the chain link gates surrounding the refugee camp. What she saw appalled her. There were three humans, like herself, but they were the only ones standing. Everyone else was either dead or knocked out. She could see that a fight was going on, they were using their powers. The weak looking girl was making a giant plant flail around, and the boy farthest away from her was being attacked by said plant. "What's going on?" She yelled, her voice commanding.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 am

"You make me feel so special." taunted Lucas, though all smart-alecky remarks dispersed when he was spontaneously surrounded by the green tendrils. He held out his hand, the DNA coding that he had imprinted on his Ichzer, which was standard issue for all who purchased it, allowed him to recall the machine, its rockets burning up the vines that had wrapped around it. He felt one of the vines wrap around the hand he had stretched out, and gasped. This was bad. But almost as he had that thought, the Ichzer cut through the vine, swerving and reorganizing itself so that it was flat again. He rubbed his wrists, feeling the dead limb go limp. He brushed the remainder of the vine off and hopped onto the hoverboard. Mentally, he willed it forward, causing it to shoot at Xinorrie the Basilisk, what ever that was. This was such an interesting person, someone that was too strong to live. He jumped off the Ichzer as it sailed closer to Xinorrie, watching as it would fly at Xinorrie, aimed at his stomach.

He was disturbed by a voice, he looked too see a girl in a skirt standing there. He frowned, something about her voice just told him he would hate her. Lucas, looked away from her, staring at Yin who was curled in a bed of the foliage. So that's why she was left here... he sneered in his mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:41 am

Xinorrie grinned as the remaining seeds that have yet to sprout, unleashed more branches that caught the flying projectile in midair just before it hit him in the stomach. “That was close…” he said with a devious smile as the branches destroyed the strangling branch around his body and the object thrown by Lucas. Then he looked at the branch that wrapped around Yin. He chuckled now as he turned the tip of the branch he had wrapped around Yin and let it sqeeze further. Hoeply that was enough to restrain. He hadn't counted on more superpower huamns here. Humns and osme of the aliens look os much alike that it pisses him off!
Then he turned to Lucas. And then his stomach. There was a light scratch but MAN that was close. "Che," he spat as he made more of his seeds and tossed them into the air. "Try dealing with this," he said as a the seeds landed on the ground, formed glowing trees and began to give off an eerie aura as he prepared fire one of his best techniques. It would be necessary to use this on humans.

[Sorry about that god-mod, I may have went a bit too far]

Last edited by Katesen on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 pm

OOC: Uh... Kate? You're God Modding. :I You can't automatically hit someone, that's against the rules and frankly it's why this is a "play-by-post" RP. You react to the other people, but don't control their characters. Fix your post, then I'll post IC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 pm

[Sorry about that, I fixed it.]
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:28 am

((It's alright. ^^))

Yin's whole body flinched and tried to move backwards as one thorn-like tendril pressed to her chest, right over her heart. "Nii-san, help me," she whispered, finding herself unable to move or get away. Agony, pinpointing in the center of her chest, pierced her, and she let out a high-pitched shriek. It felt like spiders were crawling in her throat. A disturbing visual image for anyone, so imagine how it felt, to have tiny vines making their way up her throat and neck, creeping down her spine like ivy.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 am

Gylfie stood, completely confused by what she saw. Why were humans fighting humans? This didn't make sense. It seemed like the other boy was protecting the girl, but it looked more like he was helping himself. Glyfie looked at the strange plants, and it a moment they were green mush, completely useless. She shrinked the other plants until they were small, almost microscopic. There was nothing she could do for the girl, she didn't dare toy with the branches that were inside her. Unless the girl wanted to die to...

ooc: This post is... eurgh. HER POWERS WILL LOOK COOLER LATER. DX PROMISE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just.... Afraid(Open)   Just.... Afraid(Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just.... Afraid(Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next